Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Boast of Quietness

Two years back while navigating through various books in the non-fiction section of my school library,i came across this famous book the inheritance of loss by Kiran Desai.Call it my "crush" on books and my amour for novel-reading which made me open this book.I couldn't read it for sure BUT something in it grabbed my attention while flipping through the initial pages of that book.It was like a cherry on the top of my favourite chocolate truffle cake,indeed it was;an inspirational poem!When i initially started reading it,i started realising that it was not meant to be my piece of cake and my ardor started fainting.But still i didn't lose hope,re-read it and got to know the exact meaning of the poetic verses.It is one of the most beautiful and inspirational poem from all that i have read.Moreover,i loved the way the poet played with the words and the metaphors he used.Hence,i would like to share this piece of poetry on my blog!


Writings of light assault the darkness, more prodigious than meteors.
The tall unknowable city takes over the countryside.
Sure of my life and my death, I observe the ambitious and would like to understand them.
Their day is greedy as a lariat in the air.
Their night is a rest from the rage within steel, quick to attack.
They speak of humanity.
My humanity is in feeling we are all voices of the same poverty.
They speak of homeland.
My homeland is the rhythm of a guitar, a few portraits, an old sword,
the willow grove’s visible prayer as evening falls.
Time is living me.
More silent than my shadow, I pass through the loftily covetous multitude.
They are indispensable, singular, worthy of tomorrow.
My name is someone and anyone.
I walk slowly, like one who comes from so far away he doesn’t expect to 
arrive.

-Jorge Luis Borges


Hope u liked it!
Now its time for some sleep though i am still still texting and making people go mad with my wierd sense of humor.Still,i want to wish my dear journal.
good night!take care!
lil miss sunshine




ps:a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my dearest friend..hope he would like my creation after getting bugged for two hours and actually feeling like pulling my hair and ripping them apart while sitting in front of my lappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment