Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

To the indelible imprints,

   Flipping through the pages of the book;
   the smell of dry roses flourish every nook.
   Memories unwanted encircles my mind;
   and tears for the answers I couldn't find.

   As you scampered away with volte-face;
   I did portend my soul's stolen brace.
   I believed you were staunch;
   then how did the acrimony launch?

   You were besotted to me yesterday;
   but elusiveness is the trend for today.
   My mind and heart,still incredulous;
   but you are just so frivolous.
 

   If i would have bereft you;
   ever wondered to face fortitude within blues?
   Still,my vandalized heart beats for you;
   for those indelible imprints on the black and white hue.
   ~Prerana Singh


    



  ps-As from now onwards,i have abandoned my nickname "lil miss sunshine" to what i am in real.

6 comments:

  1. This is simply beautifully written! I loved how you have sewn the world intricately to make out a continuous flow of the thought.
    I can very well relate to perhaps every line of this poem Prerana. I wish things could go our way.
    Nonetheless, I know you're a strong girl and you'll surely rise above with a new sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!
    it was great compliment from someone who has, by now been dabhand at blogging!
    And yeah i wish the same for you and things would surely go our way.just wait for the right moment!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of thought.
    I am sure you've felt way better after generating this on paper. You've achieved very nice rhythm and flow! Though comprehending your poem is quite difficult vocabularyly :D
    May you attain freedom to spill your thoughts like this for the future projects as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahha...i will take that vocabulary part as a compliment for sure..and thank you very much taking some time out from your schedule to read this part and appreciate!!Your comments means a lot!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw, why have you used such poignant tags for your poem?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And sanya,now you know why it has been labelled under these tsgs!:)

    ReplyDelete