Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

those were the days....

So here i am again.It has been so many days since i wrote though i am working upon my ongoing article till then i thought to write some good poetic stuff on my blog.Hence just searched around for few of my creations and got a really good piece which is so much close to my heart.Its value increases because this was my first poem and secondly this poem holds a special meaning!!!Its all about my school life.But But before i  write,i would like to say that this is not a very well versed or written poem(just a beginner poem)in fact its just my emotions at that time which were given vent by the pen in my hand!!:)...so pardon me if you think things are not rhyming or words are out of place...here it goes~~~

Those morning alarms,
agitated sleepy eyes;
that mumma's shout,
to get ready for school;
the morning marathon race,
for catching the bus.

Those morning assemblies,
with fagged out faces;
That jam-packed corridor
with high spirits n souls;
The long continuouss bells
with excitement to peep out.


Those bunking sessions,
and the mixture of fear n excitement;
that short lunch break,
empty boxes n raveneous faces;
the gorilla wars on a
vividly decorated lunchbox.

That two mins water break,
bunch of empty bottles;
promises of coming back on time
requesting gullible faces;
my partners of crime,
becoming stars of the day.

Last desk assignment completions,
nodding to the lectures on front;
those high-pitched cat fights,
all eyes glaring and laughing;
the lovely never endin crushes
and the blushing red cheeks.

Those words of consolation
for the broken hearts;
those endless days
coming to an end;
that sweaty afternoon,
with many handshakes.

The promises made,
to come again tomorrow;
with a new shine on face;
with a new story to recite;
with fresh assignments to be scribbled.
those were the memories....
of  my Alma mater!!!!

Yhose blossoming days,
that spring season of my life.
those were the best days,
of my life.
those golden days,
those were the days.......




~lil miss sunshine,PS

5 comments:

  1. very nice and it does nt seems dat u hv just started .but watever it is very nice and with great feeling and complete 12 year said in 1 poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. But I always thought that lines in poem should rhyme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah..everyone thinks the same but i have seen quite a lot of poets who dont go by the rhyme thing much...n moreover a poem should be more like freely written..the ideas should be much stronger so that the person reading must feel it himself!!
    but surely i would try to write a good poem which rhyme..n thanks a lot!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete